Thursday, February 3, 2011

An Announcement

This post is significantly different from all others I have made.

But I feel the need to shout something to the world, so here goes.

I'm going to medical school!


The match results came in on Tuesday, and I matched to the school I really wanted.

I also ran the numbers and realized that I'll be roughly $130,000 in debt in four years and still have 3 - 5 years of making $50,000 per year while working 80 hours a week in residency.  This is roughly twice the recommended amount of debt I should take on with the salary I can expect to earn even after residency, as a practicing physician.

But that's not what matters here.  God has been good to me; I marvel often at how the blessings of heaven are poured out on my head.
I'm doing what I really want to do, and I'm tremendously excited about the school, the hospital where I'll be training, and the city itself.

Thanks be to God.

1 comment: